abstract restlessness

9:38 PM

(0) Comments

somewhere off to my right there is a madness
lurking and waiting.
a skulking wretch that eyes me with an eeire grin
as he drifts between the shadow and the light.

and i'm just standing here,
with my necktie noose coiled tightly around my throat,
screaming myself into a sullen stupor,
"the insanity of it all!"

                but no one even stops.
they just move on,
almost mechanically, in their prefab tracks,
apathetic to the complacency that is their life.

so i stand here, as they pass me by.
i stand here and think-
"i've seen the 'more'. i've felt the 'all'.
i've held the 'need' (i am the need)."
a classic street-corner sermon to people
that have no desire to listen. they
just want to finish their day.
and i'm left to fill the role of the
(wrecklessly young) minister
preaching to rows and rows of empty pews.

empty.

all except for the last seat in the far right corner,
where he sits,
that lanky creature of dysphoria.
he's still watching.

always
                watching.
waiting for his time.

living in ink

0 Responses to "abstract restlessness"

Post a Comment